The South Carolina General Assembly SAVED and PASSED critical election integrity legislation! We all agree it should be easy to vote and hard to cheat, and this bill accomplishes that.
South Carolina didn’t have the problems other states had in 2020. But that doesn’t mean there wasn’t room for improvement in our election laws. We needed to make sure we never have the problems we saw in other states. This bill includes virtually everything that was on our wish list to make it easier to vote and harder to cheat.
- Trimming the list of excuses for mail-in absentee ballots
- Requiring the voter’s last four digits of their Social Security Number on a mail-in absentee ballot
- Preventing ballot harvesting
- Banning drop boxes
- Banning county election commissions from receiving funds from third-party groups like the ACLU or Facebook
- Requiring all counties to conduct elections the same way
- Requiring the State Election Commission to conduct post-election audits and expanding the different audit methods (including but not limited to: risk-limiting; hand-counts; third party vendor & ballot reconciliation) for all elections in the state
- and more
So please, add your name to our Thank You card to tell your state representative and state senator THANK YOU for voting to secure our elections.
Just like we did with the petition urging them to pass the bill, we’re going to hand deliver all the signatures and thank you cards to show our appreciation, and yours, for getting this done.