The South Carolina Republican Party is seeking politically active and enthusiastic applicants who are looking for an opportunity to gain valuable political experiences with one of the most successful state party organizations in the country within our political department for the position of Regional Field Director. Regional Field Directors will gain important experience in our First In the South Primary State. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, with a strong work ethic are required. Previous campaign experience is preferred. The position will require a willingness to work extended hours, evenings, weekends, and some holidays. Regional Field Directors will work to build and mobilize volunteer networks, implement grassroots organizational plans, recruit and provide training for volunteers, party operations support Republican candidates at the local, regional and state level as the party prepares for the 2014 election.
Columbia, South Carolina
- Work with the Executive Director and the State Director to enact the South Carolina Republican Party’s statewide political plan
- Collaborate with local county parties and leaders to strengthen the county party, their grassroots and their work
- Train and help recruit local leaders and activists in party operations
- Collaborate with staff, Party leaders, candidates and elected officials to plan and execute the coordinated campaign and other campaign strategy
- Develop and execute the Party’s GOTV and Voter Registration programs in collaboration with the state party.
- Build and maintain relationships with elected officials, candidates, statewide and local leaders, activists, staff and leaders of allied organizations.
- Work with the state party to manage and enhance voter files and databases
- Other additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONSFirst, we’re looking for talent, intelligence, social skills, drive, initiative and dedication. Knowledge of grassroots politics and previous experience on a campaign, or similar operation, is required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience in grassroots organization and coalition building
- Experience managing volunteers
- Experience developing and presenting training programs
- Knowledge of South Carolina politics and issues
Base hours are standard M-F, but this job will require some late nights and weekends. Expect extensive statewide travel, so there is a need to have a valid drivers license and reliable vehicle. This is a full-time salaried position with additional benefits including a stipend for health insurance. Pay is commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, a list of three professional references, and their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 27,, 2013. Expected start date is October 15th. Please put in the subject “Regional Field Director” and please, no calls.